“There is a wine for everything.” -Harley
Being in the business of romance it is not a shocker that I am becoming an advocate of pairing a fabulous wine with a beautiful meal. Oh, how I love a nice glass of Pinot Noir accompanied by, an intimate conversation with a lover or girlfriends. It is driving me crazy to see that music and television trends are influencing our choice in wine. Now, I am no where near a Sommelier, but with a background in hospitality I do know the basics. Here’s my thing. . .unlike my pal the cocktail, wine is way too sophisticated to be boxed by trends–nothing against boxed wine. 🙂
How is it that it is acceptable to pair Moscato–a dessert wine– with everything from a pasta to lobster? I am not quite sure if it is a lack of knowledge or patience in finding a wine that suites your palate. A good wine is like good sex. . .after having it once you will never settle for less. To help put an end to “Wine Ignorance”, I am making it my mission to introduce explore and expose all the sweet and savory wines that have had to take the back seat to Moscato and Zinfadel. I want women to choose their wine with knowledge of self along with the patience to get to know the wine. Put it this way choose your wine the way you would choose your Man or any relationship!
*FYI–Moscato can be paired with- a light, non spicy snack, white chocolate, or sherbet.
More Fabulous wine pairings 101:
- Snickers candy bar & Tawny Port–a sweet wine with baking spices, almond, and caramel.
- Feta Cheese & Pinot Noir–a red wine with red berry, cherry, and truffles.
- Catfish & Beaujolais–a light red wine with cranberry, strawberry, smoke, and pepper.
- Eggrolls & Albarino–aromatic white wine, clean and crisp with lemon zest and mineral notes.
- Bacon Burger & Shiraz–a red wine with blackberry, plum, and pepper.
- Pasta Salad & Chardonnay–a full bodied wine with buttery flavors and hints of oak.
- French Fries & Champagne–a dry (brut) light sparkling wine that is refreshing.
- Strawberries & Riesling–a sweet wine with peach and orange blossom.
- Caviar & Fino Sherry–dry light aperitif wine with a crisp, nutty finish.
- Chicken Soup & Chenin Blanc–a crisp white wine with flavors of citrus, damp straw, & green apple.
- Vanilla Ice Cream & Nigori Sake–a rice wine with fruity smells and mild flavor
- Lamb Chops & Merlot–a dry wine with plum, black berry, plum, and pepper.
- Mexican Paella & Dourino–a rustic, jammy red wines with currants, berries, and smoked oak.