Oh, how I yearn for a great date whether it is the 1st or 161st. I have learned to maximize the dating experience, because it is one of the most important processes when seeking a partner and working to keep them. There are only a few rules I apply… (1) No movies the first 2 months–how can you talk to me in a movie? (2) Show creativity . . . a little personality goes a long way. (3) Be considerate, call (don’t text) if you are going to be late or a No Show. Once we have gotten past those things the fun begins. I have put together a list of creative dates to add to your repertoire:
- Rent a boat and go sailing, don’t forget the wine, cheese, and fruit.
- Learn to drive like a pro at NASCAR driving school, have junk food and beer afterwards.
- Go hiking along a serene trail, bring along water, trail mix, and granola bars.
- Take a cooking class at your local cooking school or grocery store.
- Spend the day using your creative side at a pottery play house, take along a bottle of wine.
- Google local fondue restaurants and enjoy cooking your meal at the table.
- Learn through music… take the evening and share music, while cooking dinner together.
- Random act of kindness–volunteer at a local shelter–share the love.
- Pitch a tent in the backyard, roast marshmallows, and kiss under the stars.
- Spend a Saturday afternoon cruising local villages and flea markets, stop for a hot dog or two.
- Escape to the country for horseback riding, at a local watering hole
- Watch a blockbuster, under the stars at the drive-in movies, popcorn and Goobers anyone?
- Share your love song in a duet at a karaoke bar, after a couple martinis of course.